1. Information about who I am
JNP Web Solutions Ltd. is a registered business in England and Wales (Company Registration number 7782544). JNP Web Solutions operates under the name of JNP Web Developer. I am Jeremy Pitt, the shareholder and director of JNP Web Solutions Ltd.
I am responsible for looking after your personal details.
If you have any questions about your privacy you can get in touch using the contact details below.
My full details if you wish to contact me are:
Full name of legal entity: JNP Web Solutions Ltd. trading as JNP Web Developer
Right to complain
You have the right to make a complaint or raise any concerns you have that relate to my approach to your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO – the ICO is the UK regulatory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk)). I would appreciate it if you could please let me know if you contact the ICO. If you feel able to contact me before you contact the ICO, I will take your concerns seriously and I promise to work with you to resolve any issues that you have (noting that I will tell you if you should refer the issue to the ICO and that I may also need to tell the ICO).
Changes to the privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on 5th August 2018.
This privacy notices may be updated once in a while. If there are any major changes I will email you directly.
2. The types of information I collect about you
Personal information is any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you when I engage with you, including:
- Identity information including your name, social media ID’s or similar identifiers.
- Contact information including your billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical information including your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile information from survey responses.
- Usage information including information about how you use my Websites, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications information including your preferences for receiving marketing from me and my third parties and your communication preferences.
Where I refer to personal information in this notice, it might include any/all of the above.
I also collect, use and share aggregated information. This includes statistical or demographic data. Aggregated information may be derived from your personal information but is not usually considered personal information as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, I may aggregate usage information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if I combine or connect aggregated information with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, I treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
I do not generally collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do I collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. There may be occasions where I have to do a credit reference check on you or you business but I will ask for your consent before doing so.
3. How I collect your personal information?
I collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you - this includes where you contact me or when you purchase a service from me.
- Indirectly from third parties.
- To build my understanding I may receive information from reputable public sources (for example, from newspapers, postings on LinkedIn or information held on Companies House), as well as information from third party organisations I engage to help me understand an individuals or companies background.
- Cookies (and automated technologies or interactions) – I may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. I collect this personal information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see below for more information on cookies.
- Third parties - I may receive personal information about you from various third parties including technical data from analytics partners like Google, from advertising networks, from search engine providers like Google Webmaster Tools, from technical, payment and delivery service providers like Stripe and lifestyle and demographic insight data from third party segmentation/marketing partners.
- Third Party Websites – when you use my Websites or otherwise engage with us, you may receive links to third-party Websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party Websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave my website, I would please encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit as that will govern how that website will process your personal information.
4. Legal basis for processing your personal information
UK data protection law (the General Data Protection Regulation) requires me to have a “legal basis” for processing (using) your personal data. The legal basis I rely on are:
- Where I have your specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose (for example, where I contact you by email).
- Where I process your personal information for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party). Please see “Legitimate Interests” – below.
- Where the processing of personal information is necessary to perform a contract with you (for example, where you have purchased a product or service from me).
- Where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that applies to me.
5. How I use your personal information
I will not sell your personal information (and I also do not buy personal information). I only wish to contact you in a way that is consistent with my relationship (how you would expect to be contacted and with materials you would expect to receive from us).
I will use your personal information:
- To send you marketing emails or SMS texts where I have your consent.
- To contact you by phone.
- To send you marketing and fundraising communications by post (or to otherwise engage with you) based on my legitimate interests.
- For research and analysis purposes – this may include inviting you to participate in surveys or research or analysing usage data from my website to improve my content or user experience.
- For the provision of services or “administration” which may include:
- Dealing with any transaction you enter into with me and for me to fulfil any contract with you (for example, where you purchase from my websites).
- Preparing reports about my work, services and events.
- When you contact me (for example, to ask questions).
- If you provide any content to us.
- Administer my websites, monitoring website use (to enable me to improve user experience).
- Responding to your enquiries, contacts or requests about your personal information.
- Notifying you about changes or updates to the website or my services.
- Display content in a device appropriate way (for example, if you are using a mobile).
- For internal record keeping (I will keep a record of my relationship).
- Carrying out fraud prevention (and money laundering checks), undertaking credit risk activities and in relation to legal claims I take or defend.
- To safeguard those who work for or with me (or I otherwise engage with).
- To process and administer your application for a job (or to volunteer).
When I use my legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information, I will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before I process your personal information. I will only then proceed where I believe my interests are not overridden by the impact on you. My legitimate interests include the interests of my company in conducting and managing my operations to enable me to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. Specific examples of this include:
- Analysis and profiling of my customers
- Using third party sources to keep your company address up to date
- Use of personal information to monitor use of my website (and apps) for technical purposes
I resepect your preferences
If you would like me to:
- Stop using your personal information for any of the purposes set out above and/or
- Stop sending you marketing materials or other communication
Please get in touch at any time and I will update my records to reflect your preferences.
You can also unsubscribe from my communications (including marketing communications) by following the directions to ‘unsubscribe’ set out in the communication.
Please see section 9 below for more information as to your rights in relation to your personal information.
I will generally deem specific consent you have provided me in relation to email marketing materials to be valid for the period of 24 months from the date you last provide me with consent (so that, if you do not renew your consent within the 24 month period after you have given me consent, I will stop sending you marketing emails). Where I rely on legitimate interest as the legal basis for contacting you (for example, by post), I may extend this period to 48 months from your last engagement with us.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal information for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please Contact me.
Please note that I may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Disclosure of personal information
I may share your personal information with the following third parties set out below:
|Stripe||If you purchase a service on my site, cookies are used by Stripe to enable your visit to be identified between page loads, and to make sure that at the payment point only your specific computer can continue with payment. These cookies are destroyed each time you close your browser.|
|Google Analytics||I use a service called Google Analytics which collects information about how visitors use my site. I use the information to promote my services online (including via search and display advertising and using a feature called “remarketing” (displaying relevant ads to people who have visited my site whilst they browse other sites), as well as to compile reports and to help me improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited. Google Analytics also provides high level visitor demographics and interests data taken from the Google Ads Display Network. This additional information helps me better understand my audience and improve the services I offer.|
|Professional advisors||Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.|
|HMRC / Other Regulators||Where I am under a legal duty to disclose of share your personal information in order to comply with legal obligations, including to HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities.|
|Partners||I work with various partners, including business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who will process data on my behalf. These suppliers include those who provide me with IT services, system administration and other services as well as other services (including market research).|
|Legal Rights||To enforce to protect my legal rights, or the safety of those who work for us, or with us or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.|
I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow my third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions. Some of my partners run their operations outside of the EEA (European Economic Area) and this may include countries who have different data protection laws. I will always take steps to make sure appropriate protections are in place (in accordance with UK data protection law) and that information is safeguarded.
7. Data security
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention - How long I will retain your personal information?
I will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and to enable me to continue to work with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which I process your personal information and whether I can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
At the end of an agreed retention period your information will either be securely and confidentially destroyed or anonymized. Anonymization is the process of either encrypting or removing personal information from data sets, so that it is not possible to identify individuals from the data.
10. Your rights to your personal information
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you and to check that I are lawfully processing.
- Request correction of the personal information that I hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data I hold about you corrected, though I may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask me to delete or remove personal information in certain circumstances e.g. where it is no longer necessary for me to retain it. Note, however, that I may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal information where I are relying on the legitimate interest basis (or those of a third party) or where I are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, I may demonstrate that I have compelling legitimate grounds to process your personal information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Request the portability of your personal information to you or to a third party. I will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for me to use or where I used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where I are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, I may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. I will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact me.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What I may need from you
I may need to request specific information from you to help me confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response.
Time limit to respond
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. Occasionally it may take me longer than 30 days if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you and keep you updated.